Does your Broward County kitchen need a makeover? Would you like to upgrade your fixtures? What would be the best things to consider when buying sinks and taps for your home?
- Figure out what you need. The kitchen sink is center of all activities in the busiest area of the home. This needs to be sturdy and suitable for the type of work you are going to do.
- There are many types of kitchen sinks to choose from. Some may have pull out taps, built in garbage disposals, underwater sink purifiers, water filters, soap dispensers, single lever mixing taps and many more.
- Determine what you need and what features you are looking for.
- First off, choose a sink made of stainless steel. It’s easier to clean and sturdy. But, if you want porcelain or cast iron, you can also opt for these if they complement your kitchen’s design or fixtures.
- Look for a sink with the drain located on the corner to allow you more room beneath it. Find one with basins that can fit the biggest pot you have. You don’t want to risk chipping off your pricey kitchen counter top if you choose a sink that’s too small.
- When choosing your faucets or taps, make sure it matches your kitchen sink. Decide whether you want one or two handles. A spray arm is highly recommended. Steer clear of brass finishes, as these are not ideal for daily use. Instead, go for nickel, chrome, pewter or bronze.
If you need someone to install your fixtures or work on your kitchen remodel, call the licensed Fort Lauderdale professionals at Douglas Orr Plumbing today. They can guarantee quality workmanship and efficient service.